Oroville Hospital Helps You Welcome Your Baby into the World
OBGYN (530) 532-8181
Midwives (530) 538-5688
Whether you’re just beginning to grow your family or already a parent, Oroville Hospital’s obstetric team is here to guide patients and their partners through preconception, pregnancy, delivery and postpartum experiences. Whether your pregnancy is considered normal or high risk, our extensive team of board certified obstetricians, midwives, maternity nurses and lactation consultants provide a comforting pregnancy and delivery experience based on best practices and the highest quality care and safety standards.
We empower our obstetric patients through education and create custom delivery plans based on a patient’s desires and health status. Take advantage of our free childbirth preparation classes, which provide hands-on practice and teach patients coping and breastfeeding techniques, relaxation methods and newborn care. Advanced 3D/4D ultrasound imaging services give parents 3D details of a baby’s features and showcase his or her movements live.
Additionally, we recognize that everyone experiences pain differently, so you will have access to whatever level of pain management you need. Elect for natural childbirth or ask for assistance with pain management including epidural anesthesia and paracervical blocks.
Childbirth services and amenities include:
- Birthing suites that provide a private delivery and allow dad to stay in the room
- Postpartum rooms with beds for mom, dad and baby
- Advanced fetal monitoring technology
- Telemedicine services
- Free follow-up breast feeding consultation with our board certified lactation specialists
- Free Oroville Sports Club membership throughout your pregnancy
- Free six week childbirth preparation class series
- Celebratory dinner for the new parents
- Digital photos of your newborn for your photo album and online photo display
- Free infant car seat
Oroville Hospital’s obstetric team practices the guidelines and standards set forth by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG). Our breastfeeding policy can be reviewed here. For more information or to request a tour of our Mother Baby Center, please call (530) 532-8440.