Efficient, Local Lab Test Results at Oroville Hospital Valley Clinical
The Oroville Hospital Valley Clinical Laboratory offers a comprehensive menu of laboratory tests including clinical chemistry, special chemistry, microbiology, anatomic pathology, serology, hematology, urinalysis, blood banking, and cytology. The use of efficient clinical laboratory testing in medicine is a cornerstone of modern disease diagnosis and management. Our laboratory exams provide the scientific objectivity critical to the safe and effective practice of medicine.
Valley Clinical Laboratory is licensed by the State of California and certified by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA). Staffed by highly trained laboratory professionals, Phlebotomists, Laboratory Assistants, and State of California licensed Clinical Laboratory Scientists (CLS), all test methodologies meet or exceed CLIA Standards and follow NCCLS guidelines for quality and excellence.
Our lab scientists are dedicated to the analysis, management, diagnosis, and results of every patient sample. The Valley Clinical Laboratory performs millions of tests each year by friendly, efficient, highly-trained laboratory professionals that get you accurate results, efficiently. The time frames you can expect for lab tests include:
- Stat and ASAP test results reported within one hour of specimen receipt.
- Routine test results reported within eight hours.
- Microbiology, bacteriology, mycobacteriology, mycology and parasitology - identification and minimum inhibitory concentration results within eight hours of isolation (even on weekends) for common pathogenic organisms.
- AFB smear results within 24 hours; TB culture results within 14 days.
Additionally, the Oroville Hospital Valley Clinical Laboratory is dedicated to getting your results to your physician quickly.
- Client services department is staffed 24/7.
- Courier service for speedy pick-up and delivery of specimens.
- Electronic results reporting in physician offices via laser tele-printer, auto-fax, EMR interfaces, and by local computer terminal result inquiry.
- Electronic instrument interfaces can be configured to connect your EMR equipment to Valley Clinical Laboratory's core computer system for customized results reporting and printing.
- Valley Clinical Laboratory offers complete client billing services.
Our clinical laboratory employs cutting-edge instrumentation in concert with a sophisticated, computerized laboratory information system to ensure the highest standards of testing and test reporting. Valley Clinical Laboratory is a full-service regional medical laboratory operated by Oroville Hospital. Because Valley Clinical Laboratory is hospital-based, we are able to offer services around the clock every day of the year.
Outpatient services are available onsite at Oroville Hospital and through a network of satellite labs. As a regional lab, Valley Clinical Laboratory also provides services to physician offices and health care facilities throughout northern California.
For information about general laboratory services or any of our specific services, please contact Oroville Hospital Valley Clinical Laboratory at 530-532-8322.