The new 5-story tower will include:
- 1st floor: Ambulatory care services- including pre-operative guidance, outpatient surgeries and endoscopies
- 2nd floor: Labor and delivery center- 9 private spacious rooms which serve as labor and delivery, postpartum and recovery rooms
- 3rd floor: Intensive care unit- 14 added intensive care rooms, bringing total to 24, allowing Oroville Hospital to care for more critical care patients while ensuring they still receive the high level of care needed
- 4th & 5th: Medical-surgical units- each floor with 35 private rooms to ensure patients have the ability to recuperate and heal quickly.
- In conjunction to the new tower, Oroville Hospital will also be introducing neurosurgery, cardiothoracic surgery, and obtain a trauma 2 designation to reduce a patient’s need to travel to receive appropriate care.
The overall project will double the square footage of the current hospital and increase beds from 133 to 211. The expansion will also add roughly 700 new jobs when completed.