Oroville Hospitalist Services Ensures Your Constant Care
The Oroville Hospitalist Service ensures that you get the care you need at all times during your inpatient stay at the hospital – care provided by board certified/board prepared physicians who are entirely focused on your safety and well-being. The Oroville Hospitalist Service is a partnership of care between the hospital, your Primary Care Provider, physician assistants, and nurse practitioners within the community. Oroville Hospital’s commitment through the Hospitalist Program is to streamline procedures and improve patient safety, so you can get quality care, centered on your immediate needs.
The Hospitalist Service allows for communication with your Primary Care Provider, but a board certified physician on staff at Oroville Hospital provides your on-site inpatient care once you are admitted to the hospital. Each patient admitted to our service is cared for around the clock by an attending physician and physician assistant. Our physicians are board certified or board prepared in Internal Medicine or Family Practice. Our physician assistants are board certified with the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants and licensed by the State of California. We are committed to high quality inpatient care, exceptional patient education, and active participation in hospital performance improvement projects.
Your Hospitalist and your Primary Care Provider communicate from the time you are admitted to the hospital until after you are discharged and a course has been set for your further treatment needs, including arranging follow-up visits and prescribing the necessary medications. Also, your Primary Care Provider can obtain copies of your hospital records to add to your medical history.
The benefits of the Oroville Hospitalist Service:
- A Hospitalist is always available to see you as needed and can closely monitor your condition.
- Your Hospitalist maintains an open communication with your Primary Care Provider to ensure that you get the appropriate treatment throughout your stay at the hospital and after discharge.
- Your Hospitalist can make arrangements for you to see a specialist if you further consultation, without leaving the hospital.
- Your Hospitalist is always close by in the event of an emergency.
- Even if you do not have a Primary Care Provider, your Hospitalist will help you find one after you are discharged from the hospital, and will send the provider your records regarding your hospital stay.
- Oroville Hospitalist doctors come from a variety of backgrounds, which provides an interdisciplinary insight into patient care.
Your Hospitalist knows every specialist and department in the hospital. The Hospitalist team follows up on tests and monitors your condition, adjusting your treatment regimen throughout the day based on your test results. With open communication with your Primary Care Provider and stringent adherence to the highest quality standards of medicine, the Oroville Hospitalist Service assists you through a smooth and speedy recovery process.
For more information about the Hospitalist Program at Oroville Hospital, please contact us at Oroville Hospital by calling 530-532-8648.